http://theroadtorevolution.wikispaces.com/5.+Boston+Tea+Party
I recently wrote a lesson plan on the Boston Tea Party which
I hope to teach to my 5th grade class this semester. This wiki would be a great resource to use in
conjunction with my lesson. I would consider this to be an “online
lesson enhancement” for the lesson that I currently have (Roblyer and Doering,
2013, p. 238).
The second wiki that I am posting
is one that has a lot of resources for widgets http://cooltoolsforschools.wikispaces.com/widgets
. This is an example of “electronic
publishing” that Robyler and Doering (2013) discuss (p. 239). For example, the author of this wiki has
published his compilation of resources.
Widgets
Both of these widgets act as "support for student research" (Roblyer and Doering, 2013, p. 242).
This widget looks pulls up information about the presidents when you type in their names. It would also be very useful on a social studies wiki, especially when studying the presidents or simply major events in the USA.
Widgets
Both of these widgets act as "support for student research" (Roblyer and Doering, 2013, p. 242).
This widget looks pulls up information about the presidents when you type in their names. It would also be very useful on a social studies wiki, especially when studying the presidents or simply major events in the USA.
This widget looks up the flags for each country. It would be beneficial especially when studying diversity and multiculturalism. I could see this being particularly useful with a social studies wiki as well.
Web-Based Lesson
http://education.nationalgeographic.com/education/lesson/?ar_a=1
As a teacher, I could use to this website to find a lot of web-based lessons. This website has a lot of lesson plans that are what Roblyer and Doering (2013) defined in their textbook, "individual lesson plans. The majority of online educational resources are individual lesson plans that teachers download and integrate within their classroom, often without adaptation" (p. 238). We could access this site as a class or individually. Either way, these are great examples of web-based lessons.
In addition this webpage offers a lot of links to websites that have web-based lessons: http://www.education.com/reference/article/sites-web-based-lessons-projects/ . It might be useful to you!
M4 This website has numerous resources for teachers including web-based lessons http://t.co/d5pTb662gH #ED447UM
— Rachel D (@RachCB2) October 15, 2013
I love that flag widget. It really would be super helpful when doing multicultural studies and investigations.
ReplyDeleteRoblyer and Doering (2013) talked about information gathering and dissecting. This widget would be a great resource for students to use when gathering information for a project.
Rachel,
ReplyDeleteI really love the National Geographic website you shared! Doering and Roblyer (2013) state, "Web-based activities have great potential to enhance learning (p. 238)." I think this resource would be great to incorporate into the classroom!
Jennifer